Sue Stone: Textile Artist, Woman With A Fish & Current 62 Group Chair
Today on the Stitchery Stories podcast, Sue Stone aka ‘The Woman With The Fish’, Shares Her Life In Fabric & Thread. She chats with Susan Weeks about her journey through fashion, to embroidery, back to fashion to earn a living, and finally back to embroidery and her current achievements.
Continue reading to discover highlights of our chat and to see examples of Sue’s work..
Susan chats with Sue about:
- Her major exhibitions this year
- Studying fashion but discovering embroidery from Constance Howard at Goldsmith’s College
- The theme of identity, portraits, people & life observations
- Working with a small variety of stitches
- Building layers and creating texture with hand embroidery & applique
- Being current Chair of The 62 Group, as well as being an exhibiting member for the second time
- Her first solo exhibition in USA in New York
- Being featured on the front cover of ‘Embroidery’ Magazine
- Re-use, Recycle, & Record our failures for future reference, as well as our successes
- A busy schedule of exhibitions coming up over the next two years
Online Course: Sign up at http://www.textileartist.org/ to keep informed when it runs again