Chris Gray: Medieval Mysteries, Mushrooms, Moths and Mice
Today on the Stitchery Stories textile art podcast, Chris Gray Shares Her Life In Fabric and Thread. She chats with Susan Weeks about research and inspirations from earlier periods of history, and her desire to present her art on 3d forms.
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see examples of Chris’s work.
Susan chats with Chris about:
- Using mushrooms, moths and mice to showcase work on ancient themes
- The joys of blogging to inspire others
- Being gripped by Medieval Mysteries
- What on earth is a ‘beakhead’
- How very useful is expanding foam
- Get yourself down to B&Q
- Working small pieces to create large pieces
- Opus Anglicanum and Medieval Crewel Work
- Her longstanding relationship as a ‘Stitch’ magazine contributor
- Teaching embroidery on cruise ships
- The story of the French Knots and the Stabiliser…
- Embroidery and caravan adventures