Keep on scrolling for further details, links, related episodes you might like, a gallery of examples plus a PINNABLE image if you love inspiring others over on Pinterest
Dr Gail Cowley is the founder and director of The School Of Stitched Textiles. Through the school, Gail offers a range of courses from beginner through to advanced practitioner, in a range of textile related subjects.
As we hit the one year anniversary of Covid disruptions, lockdowns and challenges, we dig into many topics around online education and the acceptance of technology and learning via the internet.
Gail shares tons of wisdom around creating online courses for practical, art and craft topics, and the changes that she has witnessed over the last few years in particular. We also chat about building and maintaining community around our stitching and learning, as well as how we can all support the things that we love.
In this episode of Stitchery Stories, Gail Cowley chats with Susan Weeks around:
- knitting socks: her new lockdown obsession
- the volume of course work produced by her students during the pandemic
- everyone being more comfortable with video chats, using zoom, Facebook lives etc
- connections & community
- her path to being an online course creator
- evolution of moving courses into digital delivery
- working with a professional videographer
- making filming an enjoyable experience…
- … and how it shows in the finished videos.
- It’s time to ‘up our game’ in the quality of our digital content production
- the pleasure of following students progress into employment & business opportunities
- the impact we have on other’s lives
- the unexpected contents in a bag of a student’s work
- new courses coming up in needle felting & crewel work
- the new online exhibition to showcase students work
- the Stitch Directory: directory of small independent suppliers
- Please support your local independent suppliers
Interested In Creating An Online Course?
Sign up for information on Sue’s ‘How To Create An Online Course’ which is specifically created for textile artists and other crafty business owners.
Get your FREE “Crafty Online Course Creator’s Workbox”
Other Episodes You Might Like:
Other people & Places mentioned:
The Repair Shop