I love seeing your podcast reviews from Apple Podcasts (new name for iTunes). Scroll down to read ones for Stitchery Stories.
If you use the Apple Podcasts app to listen to Stitchery Stories then while you are there please take the time to leave us a nice 5 star rating and a podcast review – of course if you enjoy my guests!
I truly appreciate it.
You are also helping other fans of textile art and embroidery to discover this podcast. The more podcast reviews we get, the more likely it is that others will find Stitchery Stories when they are browsing in Apple Podcasts.
Thanks, Sue xxx
- Really good listening…January 2, 2023 by Less pal hall from United Kingdom
Great to find a podcast that showcases some of my favourite artists.
- GreatNovember 4, 2021 by Hesdinuk13 from United Kingdom
- Inspiring, informative, and InterestingSeptember 30, 2021 by JP Choqette from United States
Really happy to have found this podcast. Susan is a great interviewer and her guests are wonderful. Loads of inspiration in each episode. If you need a creative boost or are interested in learning new textile art, embroidery, or other fabric-related techniques be sure to listen.
- Embroiderers GuildMay 3, 2021 by JCGShaston from United Kingdom
It has taken me some time to catch up with the debacle at the Embroiderers Guild having only recently retired and planning to join a local branch. I have now listened to your interview with Penny Hill twice and was struck by several things. You seemed to blame the financial problems on members not renewing their subscription. In terms of business this surely indicates that the EG is not providing a service that the customers want or value. The world changed when women found they had to work to provide income and a pension. This leaves little time for voluntary work, charities have lost the army of women volunteers to the workplace. You both stressed the amount of work required of a trustee and that alone required our grateful thanks, but personally I cannot offer it when so much poor management is evident. No mention was made of the inflated salary of the CEO which was allowed to continue for ten years. Penny Hill May have been brave, but we are no better informed.
- Embroiderer’s Guild in crisisMarch 6, 2021 by teepot99 from United Kingdom
An excellent chat with Penny Hill. Thank you for explaining how the Embroiderers Guild reached the resolution. Following the General Meeting, I hope the Guild are given the opportunity to continue
- Embroiderers Guild in CrisisMarch 4, 2021 by Rütel from United Kingdom
What an excellent interview. Penny’s answers helped to understand the decision of the guild to let the branches go very well. All EG members should listen to it.
- Guild in CrisisFebruary 25, 2021 by crime podcast listener from Canada
Thank you for this episode. It has made me realize that I am taking for granted that my local guild, and National association, (Embroidery Assoc. of Canada) will be there when I need them. For various reason I have not been able to attend meetings, let a lone work on the boards, like I once did. Over the years I have tried to maintain my membership, but must admit let it lapse more than I should have. It is this podcast that reminded me of the sentiments I once had. Your other podcasts have provided the verbal connection I missed in guild meetings, but this one has provided the reminder that it is time to come back, not walk away.
- Total pleasureFebruary 1, 2021 by javquib from United States
I have been listening to Susan’s podcast since COVID hit. It is a total pleasure and helps me make it through my solitary daily walk. Educational and informative! Keep up the great work.
- So glad I stumbled across Stitchery Stories!September 27, 2020 by Gwauacrosio from United Kingdom
I’ve just finished listening your podcast Sue featuring Collette Kinley - wonderful, just what’s needed in this strange time, like a chat amongst friends - and really appreciate the links on the website to people/places mentioned. Looking forward to listening to more, past and future.
- Fabulous!July 11, 2020 by dressmakingdolly from United Kingdom
Love listening to this podcast-have only listened to two episodes so far but am looking forward to the rest !
- InspirationalMarch 24, 2020 by A for Anna from Australia
Listening to Sue with her enthusiasm for needle work and her knowledgeable guests is super inspirational time well spent. Love it!
- Entertaining and Enlightening PodcastMarch 14, 2020 by moviedudeinc from United States
I just discovered Stitchery Stories. Sue has a great way of engaging her guests and bringing out their expertise and their unique approach to art and embroidery. Her questions are probing and the conversation flows in an easy and relaxed manner. So grab a cup of tea, unwind, and be ready to be entertained, while you learn something new!
- Intelligent and WittyMarch 14, 2020 by jodileetkd from United States
If you love textile art, you should definitely check out Stitchery Stories.
- AllJanuary 10, 2020 by cochineal.moon from United States
Love the way Susan lets the person she is interviewing shine.
- Love it!December 14, 2019 by Spotsluger from United States
I’m so glad I found Stitchery Stories! I love hearing about the different guests and learning new ways of doing textile art. I often listen in my studio while embroidering and it feels a bit like having company while I work. Looking forward to more episodes!
- FabulousJuly 28, 2019 by Appledore1 from United Kingdom
I discovered Amanda Corbett in a newspaper article and through that I found this fabulous podcast. Am now trying to find time to listen to your catalogue of podcasts. Love it. Thank you
- Excellent.June 10, 2019 by Professional Pedestrian from United Kingdom
Love the casual nature of these interviews. Have been introduced to some brilliant artists that I wouldn’t have known about otherwise.
- Stories to stitch toFebruary 8, 2019 by aCreativeadventuress from United Kingdom
So enjoy these stories via the podcasts .. almost a Desert Island Discs format without the Discs.. very interesting to hear how people followed their stitching paths.. The common theme of being taught to sew via out elders .. Ido so hope this continues .. I have 5 granddaughters and I certainly pass on my enthusiasm A must listen for Embroidery Guild members I say ..
- thank youJanuary 10, 2019 by alisonrhodes from United Kingdom
Thank you I am loving the podcasts.Ilke the idea of listening craft people from across the world. Please keep going.
- Really Great Podcast For Stitching LoversDecember 6, 2018 by JOINUPDOTS from United Kingdom
Ill be honest I have no interest in Stitching at all, and the thought of doing anything like that will never cross my mind. So it was with interest that I started listening to the episode with Ami James and found that i loved the content. How the interest was found simply because another adult class was full, through to developing a passion in an area that is opening up to Ami more and more. Susan does a great job of allowing the content to flow like two old friends sitting chatting..... Well done Susan!!!!
- A diversity of textile artistsDecember 5, 2018 by ShannyNott from United States
As a listener from the U.S. I especially enjoy hearing from embroidery and textile artists in the UK. Susan's podcast is very professional in its production, while her interview style is informal and fun. Her guests run the gamut from traditional practitioners of embroidery to avant garde stitchers who are focused on pushing the liimits on technique, subject matter and public engagement. I listen to every show.
- Informative and a graat range of guestsOctober 14, 2018 by Lgc27 from Australia
This is my current go to podcast. A wide range of textile artists are interviewed about their practice and how they came to working with textiles and thread. The host is enthusiastic and has a genuine interest in textiles - mainly embroidery - and gives her guests room to talk about their work. If you are interested in embroidery in all its forms then be sure you subscribe to Stitchery Stories. It is worth it 🙂
- Great PodcastApril 26, 2018 by PJ from South Carolina from United States
A wonderful find! I really enjoy listening to these stories whilst doing my own hand embroidery.
- Brilliant guests!April 9, 2018 by Soo z from United Kingdom
Absolutely love listening to these podcasts. They're always fascinating and inspiring
- Inspiration for stitchers!January 10, 2018 by Listening in Arizona from United States
Thank you so much for bringing these interviews to us. They are so inspiring and I’ve learned so much!
- Fun to listen in.December 13, 2017 by marci-too from United States
I just found this podcast and have enjoyed the few episodes I have heard so far. It is lovely to hear how different artists approach their work. Looking forward to hearing more.
- Nicky MerrickNovember 15, 2017 by Couture Jane from United Kingdom
Another fascinating stitchery chat with Susan.
- Delightful PodcastsOctober 19, 2017 by zannierose from United Kingdom
I realy enjoy listening to these informative interviews with interesting and skillful textile artists.
- Recommended!September 23, 2017 by Erica in Alaska from United States
Wonderful podcast if you enjoy any sort of needlework. Fascinating interviews with stitchers of all kinds.
- British TextilesAugust 9, 2017 by Vendulka OliVen from United Kingdom
Friend of mine told me about this podcast and I'm so glad I found it! It's fun, it's informative and most of all it's about textiles of all kinds which I love and all the people are British, so there is actually possibility of bumping into any of them at some local or national events! Fabulous!! Keep it up Susan, it's great!!
- Fun interviews with textile artistsJuly 27, 2017 by EYGal from United Kingdom
The 3 interviews I have listened to so far have been fun and very interesting - a nice insight into the artists, their art and their textile art journey. Grab a cuppa and your embroidery and have a listen.