Jayne Emerson: Textile Designer, Author & Tutor
Today on the Stitchery Stories embroidery and textile art podcast, Jayne Emerson shares her life in fabric & thread.
Jayne is a textile designer, as well as the author of 6 books and a tutor in a range of textile related techniques. Her skills range from couture to crafts.
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see some images of Jayne’s work.
Susan Weeks chats with Jayne about:
- Working within the secretive fashion world
- Starting to include elements of her fabric design samples & techniques into workshops
- The positive affirmations & excitement of Banner Making
- Embrace techniques and let fabric ‘do it’s thing’
- Following her heart and studying textiles NOT history
- You don’t have to be good at drawing to be creative
- Getting lost in Pinterest & Instagram
- Using mood boards to find yourself and discover your style
- What is a weave agent?
- Developing ‘Fabric Recipes’
- Is the back more exciting than the front?
- Don’t worry… the TV crew will do your hair and makeup
- Is our fabric stash (thread stash) too nice to use?
- Is a turning point coming up for Jayne?
- Work in the way that brings you Joy
and much more…
Follow the Stitchery Stories Instagram channel at: https://www.instagram.com/stitcherystories_podcast/
Visit: New Brewery Arts – Cirencester https://www.newbreweryarts.org.uk/
Visit: The Hand Made Fair Hampton Court Sewing & Textiles, Janome Sewing Masterclass https://www.thehandmadefair.com/hampton-court/