Hit White Triangle To Listen Now OR Download for Later Keep Scrolling For Info, Links & Images
Clare Hunter shares her life in fabric & thread on the Stitchery Stories textile art podcast.
Clare has run her own business for many years, with a strong emphasis on community textile art projects, and banner making. Clare is also the author of new book ‘Threads of Life : A History of the World Through the Eye of a Needle.’ This book takes a fascinating and powerful look at how sewing and embroidery have been used throughout history to enable forgotten people, in difficult circumstances, to tell their stories.
Susan Weeks chats with Clare Hunter about:
- The ideas behind her book
- Encouraging all members of society to pick up a needle
- Banner making for Processions 2018
- Stories around memories represented by cloth: ‘Material Matters’
- Working with large banners
- Learning academic historical research techniques
- Are UFO’s tasty?
- Creative writing vs creative textile art
- Mary Queen Of Scots
- and so much more.
Read: Threads Of Life book
Other episodes & guests mentioned: