Jamie Malden: Block Printing Specialist
PLEASE NOTE: there have been many changes since Jamie recorded this episode.
Colouricious Holidays ceased trading in 2020.
And the BLOCK CARVING business is now run by the people in India under the brand name Aahilya ( www.aahilya.com)
Today on the Stitchery Stories textile art podcast, Jamie Malden shares her enthusiasm, knowledge and great joy of block printing. We also chat about the unique and authentic experiences which were part of the Colouricious textile holidays to destinations such as India, and beyond!
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see examples of Jamie’s blocks and examples of block printing.
Susan chats with Jamie about:
- Developing an interest in block printing in Jaipur
- The design & making process for Aahilya wooden printing blocks
- Supporting the traditional wooden block hand carving skills by employing carpenters around Jaipur, India to hand carve the wooden blocks
- The pleasure in supporting families and traditional skills through wooden block carving
- Preparing new ‘Printology’ workshops
- The power of video and YouTube for sharing creativity, and skills development
- The power of video, audio and the internet to reach your target audience
- The pleasure created by seeing other people’s creative creations using Aahilya blocks, tuition and inspiration
- The diversity of what can be done with block printing
- The endless possibilities of other cultures and creative techniques
- The unique experience of a textile holiday.
- The excitement of seeing painted elephants & cows in real life!