Jane White: Tuition In Couture Dressmaking & Pattern Cutting
Today on the Stitchery Stories podcast, Jane White Shares Her Life In Fabric & Thread. She chats with Susan Weeks about her love of dressmaking, pattern cutting, fashion, couture and of course using a sewing machine and overlocker.
Continue reading to discover the highlights of our chat and to see examples of Jane’s work and also that of her talented students.
Susan Weeks chats with Jane about:
- Great Auntie Margaret’s treadle Singer sewing machine,
- inspiring sewing teachers,
- inspiring designers,
- finding lovely dressmaking fabrics,
- the importance of toiles and fitting,
- running workshops at The Great British Sewing Bee Live,
- and having fun and making friends in the sewing classroom…