Cath Janes is an award-winning human anatomical embroidery artist.
Under her brand name of Kraken Kreations she combines anatomically correct illustrations with colourful hand embroidery which all have a story to tell.
Cath shares her honest and hilarious story of the ups and downs of the creative life of an artist, and her unique and distinctive art. There is so much entertainment as well as valuable creative business lessons contained within this episode of the Stitchery Stories textile art and embroidery podcast.
Maybe you dream of going viral on Instagram, worry about being artistically lonely, or struggle to set boundaries and price your art?
You will certainly find some inspiration and hard-earned experience today. Oh, and have a right good laugh too!
Susan Weeks chats with Cath Janes about:
- Joys & frustrations of commissions
- Inspiring stories behind her anatomical embroidery commissions
- Her commissioned hoops are often part of a healing process
- Importance & prevalence of medical illustrations
- What is ‘false colour’
- The surprising catalyst for becoming an anatomical embroiderer
- Anyone else love dissecting things?
- Dealing with artistic loneliness and finding your tribe
- What really happens when a ‘reel’ video goes ‘viral’ on Instagram
- Balancing commercial pressures with artistic urges
and so much more!
You can ‘Buy Sue A Coffee’ here:
Follow Susan Weeks for course creation and online marketing stuff
Sign up for information on Sue’s ‘How To Create An Online Course’ which is specifically created for textile artists and other crafty business owners.
Course Creation Quick Start Guide.
Other Episodes You Might Like:
Ruth Norbury: Capturing Urban Decay With Textile Art
Profanity Embroidery Group: Huge Fun. Beautiful Art. Ugly Words
Jane Sanders: Textile Portraits Of Iconic Pop Stars