Hit White Triangle To Listen Now OR Download for Later Keep Scrolling For Info, Links & Images
Rie Wenham shares her life in fabric & thread on the Stitchery Stories embroidery podcast. Rie shares the various aspects of her creative career, and the story of why she loves to create beautiful spiders and snakes combining goldwork, crewelwork & stumpwork. Rie dislikes the waste behind ‘fast fashion’ and shares how she makes a difference.
Susan Weeks chats with Rie about:
- Juggling opportunities as they come along
- The frustrations of not being able to share work created for commissions
- Getting organised for #MeetTheMaker
- Feeding Instagram
- The story behind her beautiful spiders and snakes
- Wasteful fast fashion
- Add embroidery to your clothes and love them for longer
- Will she finish Chewbacca for her boyfriend’s birthday?
- Developing skills as an online tutor
- Hitting the gym and nurturing our bodies
- and so much more.
Other guests mentioned in this episode:
Also Mentioned Claire De Pourtales