Today on the Stitchery Stories embroidery and textile art podcast, two members of York Textile Artists share their story of forming a new group.
The group was formed by uniting 8 textile artists around the city of York who had all exhibited at York Open Studios in April 2018. An early guest of Stitchery Stories, Bridgette Bernadette Karn has been a major instigator of the group.
The group aim to not only support each other in creating textile art but also to act as a force for change in promoting the value of Textile Arts.
Susan Weeks chats with Carol Coleman & Alison Spaven about:
- How the group became established
- The aims and mission of the group
- The members and their areas of expertise
- The challenges of setting up a group
- Do they spend time together as a group?
- The journey to getting a group bank account
- The excitement of their forthcoming exhibition 10th & 11th November
and much more…
Follow the Stitchery Stories Instagram channel at: https://www.instagram.com/stitcherystories_podcast/
10th & 11th November 2018, 10am to 4pm
York Cemetery Chapel, Cemetery Road, York http://yorkcemetery.org.uk
York Open Studios 2019 https://www.yorkopenstudios.co.uk/
Other episodes mentioned in our chat:
Bridget Bernadette Karn https://stitcherystories.com/bridgetbernadettekarn/
Fran Brammer https://stitcherystories.com/franbrammer/
Profanity Embroidery Group https://stitcherystories.com/profanityembroiderygroup/
Iona Barker Say It Ain’t Sew https://stitcherystories.com/ionabarker/